COVID-19 QUESTIONS & CONCERNS
Many visitors have reached out to us regarding up-coming vacations to Banff National Park. Government leaders are urging all Canadians to stay home. The town of Banff and hamlet of Lake Louise are not serving visitors at this time. The province-wide State of Emergency has led to the closure of most businesses in both areas.
Parks Canada has temporarily suspended visitor services and as of 12:01 am Wednesday, March 25, visitor traffic is suspended into all national parks.
Banff and Lake Louise Tourism – Travel Information
Banff and Lake Louise Tourism – FAQs
Effective end of day March 17th, Banff Sunshine and Lake Louise Ski Resort made the decision to join Mt Norquay and cease winter operations. Each respective ownership group determined this was the safest and best decision at that time, after consultation with medical authorities, staff, guests, and local partners.
SkiBig3 Guests impacted by this decision:
- Lift Tickets: We will refund any unused portion of your lift ticket. Please keep your tickets as we will need the ticket number for confirmation.
- Rentals: Rentals can be left at your hotel’s front desk. If you are not staying at a hotel in Banff or Lake Louise please return your rentals to the SkiBig3 Adventure Hub, 114 Banff Avenue. We will refund you for unused rental days.
- Hotels: If you booked lodging with us and wish to continue your stay in Banff & Lake Louise, you are welcome to do so. If you wish to leave early please contact our reservations team and we will work to have the remaining balance of your stay refunded.
- Air Transfers: If you haven’t already booked an air transfer, transportation is available through Banff Airporter.
- Flights: Contact your airline directly for flight status or changes.
It may take 10-14 days to receive your refund due to the high volume of customers affected, we ask for your patience and understanding while we process refunds. We recognize this is a challenging time and we are working to be flexible and transparent with re-booking, cancelation and refund options.
For the safety of all, we encourage both visitors and locals to maintain vigilance in hand-washing and hygiene practices. People who are feeling unwell or have been exposed to COVID-19 should follow the directions and advice of their local health professionals and governments.
For updated and current information, we recommend the following resources:
- Government of Canada: Travel Advice and Advisories
- Alberta Health Services: Alberta specific information, including prevention best practices and up-to-date cases of COVID-19
- Public Health Agency of Canada: Prevention and facts on the virus.
- World Health Organization: Resources and guidelines for businesses in preparing and preventing the spread.
- Town of Banff: Banff local information.
- Banff Sunshine Village: Updated resort information including closure notification
- Lake Louise Ski Resort: Updated resort information including closure notification
- Mt Norquay: Updated resort information including closure notification
- International Travel Restrictions: To help stop the spread of COVID-19 the Government of Canada has barred the entry to Canada for all leisure travellers who are not Canadian citizens. Government of Canada Travel Advisories
UPDATED 19/20 CANCELLATION POLICY
SkiBig3 has a flexible cancellation policy which has been adapted to assist visitors during this time. All cancellation fees will be waived, less any applicable applicable hotel or activity charges.
Due to travel restrictions, all bookings for the remainder of the season will automatically be refunded on your credit card for the full amount of your vacation. It may take 10-14 days to receive your refund due to the high volume of customers affected.
We hope this provides you confidence in our destination and the actions we are taking to safeguard our visitors and local community.