SKIBIG3 CHANGE AND CANCELLATION POLICY
FLEXIBLE TERMS FOR YOUR SKI VACATION
2022/23 SKI & STAY PACKAGES
- No cancellation or change fees until 14-Days prior to arrival.
- Free changes and no cancellations fees on SkiBig3 Lift Tickets, Rentals, and Snow-School services until 14-Days prior to arrival. Itinerary changes may be subject to availability and rate fluctuations at time of revision.
- For accommodation bookings, free changes until 14-Days prior to arrival. Subject to availability and rate fluctuations at time of itinerary change. Cancellations fees are based on property-specific third-party cancellation policies.
- 5% deposit due at time of booking. Final payment due 14-Days prior to arrival.
- Some third-party activities and experiences require full payment due at time of booking and are subject to third-party cancellation policies.
- 14-Days prior to arrival, all ski & stay packages are non-refundable, with credit options available.
- Any changes within 14-Days are subject to availability and will incur a $20 change fee.
- All terms and conditions are subject to change.
KIDS SKI FREE VACATION PACKAGES 2022/23
- 22/23 Kids Ski Free offer expires May 31, 2022
- Valid for children 12 years old and under.
- Must be part of a Ski & Stay Package that includes a minimum of one 5-day Adult SkiBig3 Lift Ticket.
- Adult & Kids tickets must be matched for the equal duration, with a minimum of 5 ski days.
- Maximum 2 children per party. All children must be family-related to purchaser of the 5-day Adult Lift Ticket included within the package.
- Proof of family relationship may be required (eg. names on the same health care card)
- Evidence of ages of the children. Not required at time of booking but as back-up when skiing.
- “Stay Free” applies to a shared room, when available with lodging property. Rates and conditions vary per hotel and is typically dependent on 2 adults sharing in the same room.
- No Blackout dates if booked prior to May 31, 2022.
RETAIL PRODUCTS — LIFT TICKETS, RENTALS, SNOW SCHOOL
- Free changes and no cancellations fees on SkiBig3 Lift Tickets, Rentals, and Snow-School services until 7-days prior to arrival.
- Itinerary changes may be subject to availability and rate fluctuations at time of revision.
- Inside 7-days of arrival, Tickets and Rentals are non-refundable and subject to a $20 change fee.
- Rentals: Early rental returns are not eligible for a refund (full or partial)
- Snow School: Full payment upon booking. Based on availability, changes can be made up to 24hrs prior to lesson time. No refunds inside 24hrs.
SEASON PASS REFUND POLICY, TERMS & CONDITIONS
22/23 REFUND POLICY
We are all planning for the return of another fantastic winter season, however we recognize sometimes things just don’t as planned. To alleviate some concerns, we are providing all pass purchasers a No-Questions-Asked Refund Assurance, available until December 1, 2022. Any pass holder who has no pass usage prior to December 1, 2022, will have the option of receiving a refund of cost-of-pass-paid less a $45+GST administration fee. To access this refund, the pass holder must notify SkiBig3 in writing no later than December 1, 2022.
If you would like to add an extended Refund Option, the cost of purchasing the refund option is $99 per individual pass and $154 per family pass for both the SkiBig3 Pass. The cost of the refund option is non-refundable and must be purchased at the same time as the season pass.
Refund Option requests must be in writing to SkiBig3, and will be considered only for the following reasons:
A doctor’s certificate must be presented stating the date of injury & first treatment, type of injury, and estimated time of recovery before alpine skiing/snowboarding can be resumed. Medical conditions and injuries must restrict the user from skiing/snowboarding for at least 30 consecutive days from the injury date. Pre-existing injuries or medical conditions and intentional self-injury are NOT covered by the Refund Option.
The employment transfer must be within the same company. An employer’s letter must be presented stating the location, start date, and length of transfer. The pass holder may not have changed employers between the date of season pass purchase and the date of application for refund. Employment transfers must restrict the user from skiing/snowboarding at SkiBig3 for 30 consecutive days. The pass holder must move their principal residence outside of Alberta. Pass holders who change employers, or voluntarily leave the area for work or travel are not covered under the Refund Option.
Refund Options Do Not Include:
- Intentional self-injury or pre-existing injury
- Voluntarily leaving the area for work or travel, or any other change in employment status other than a transfer by current employer
- Environmental and mechanical circumstances such as fire, vandalism, labor disputes, mechanical failures or weather conditions
- Travel plan cancellations – i.e. deciding to not travel to Banff National Park
- Change of mind
If for any reason over the course of the 22/23 season you request a refund on your 22/23 Season Pass purchase, you will receive a pro-rated refund as calculated below:
- Refunds will be made on Purchase Price multiplied by the maximum percentage available on the date the claim is received (see grid below) less the Usage Value.
- Usage Value is determined by the age-category, daily retail lift-ticket rate multiplied by the number of days skied, at each resort.
- Refunds relating to Family Passes will be calculated only on the individual party’s portion of the Family Pass. (eg – 1 adult within a family group requests a refund due to illness while the other family members continue skiing for the season)
|Date Claim Received (of current season)||Maximum refund (as % of purchase price)|
|Prior to December 1, 2022*||100%*|
|Prior to December 10, 2022||90%|
|Prior to December 21, 2022||75%|
|Prior to January 25, 2023||50%|
|Prior to February 28, 2023||25%|
|From to March 1, 2023||0%|
*The No-Questions-Asked Refund Assurance is only available until December 1, 2022 for pass holders with zero (0) usage and is subject to a $45+GST administration fee. After December 1, 2022 there will be NO REFUNDS WHATSOEVER on any Season Pass unless the REFUND OPTION is purchased at the time of pass purchase/initial deposit. The amount of the refund, for those who have purchased the Refund Option, will be based on the formula noted above and on the date when the written refund request is received by SkiBig3. The cost of the Refund Option is fully non-refundable. All refund requests must be received in writing.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
Youth Rate: must be under the age of 18 as of December 31, 2022
Child Rate: must be under the age of 13 as of December 31, 2022
Tiger Rate: must be under the age of 6 as of December 31, 2022
Senior Rate: Seniors are eligible for this rate if turning 65 anytime during the 2022/23 season.
Student Pass is valid for full time students aged 18 – 29, with valid student photo ID from an accredited Canadian college or university. Students must be under the age of 30 as of December 31, 2022. Proof of full-time enrolment for the 2022 Fall Semester must include full name of student, name of Canadian academic institution, and enrolment status for the 22/23 school year.
Family Pass is valid for parents and all children under the age of 18, living at the same address.
Student Family Add-on is valid for 18 – 29 year old University/College Students, who share the same permanent address when at home. Student ID from the accredited college or university is required.
Buddy Tickets are available on Adult, Midweek, Senior, Student, Youth & Family Passes only. Tickets are issued as a dated, one-day Adult SkiBig3 Lift Ticket and are not eligible for re-sale. Cost is $119 plus GST.
- Buddy Tickets are available to purchase to a maximum of four per pass.
- Buddy Tickets are only available for purchase at the SkiBig3 Adventure Hub, 114 Banff Ave. Buddy tickets cannot be purchased directly from Lake Louise guest services.
- Buddy Tickets are not available with the purchase of a SkiBig3 Business Pass, Child or Tiger Season Pass.
As a condition of purchase, each Passholder must carefully read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions outlined in the Exclusion of Liability & Assumption of Risks notice (the “Notice”), and carefully read, understand, agree to and complete a Waiver/Release of liability, assumption of risks and indemnity agreement (the “Waiver”) prior to a Season Pass being issued. The term “Passholder” includes yourself if you are using the Pass, those who you are purchasing a Pass for, and a legal guardian of each Passholder under the age of majority. CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE NOTICE
By proceeding with a Season Pass purchase, you are representing and warranting that each Passholder has read and agreed to the terms of the Waiver. CLICK HERE TO REVIEW THE WAIVER. By agreeing to the Waiver, a Passholder will give up certain legal rights, including the right to sue for negligence, breach of contract, breach of any statutory or other duty of care, including any duty of care owed under any applicable occupiers’ liability legislation on the part of the Releasees, or the ability to claim compensation following an accident.