The New TeePee Town LX at Sunshine Village is ready to roll for the 2015/16 winter season.
Here are a few FAQs about this new lift:
- TeePee Town LX lift will be the first heated chair in Canada.
- In addition to heated seats, it will include orange bubble covers and foot rests.
- The orange-colored bubble concept comes from Europe and is a symbol for a lift that has heated seats.
- This new lift will open in the 2015-16 season.
- Uphill capacity: The new lift will move 1,200 people per hour uphill.
- Speed: 305 meters per minute, or 1,000 feet per minute – more than double the speed of the old Tee Pee Town lift.
- The state-of-the-art lift is designed and built by Doppelmayr, an Austrian company, although parts and components are sourced from Germany, Switzerland, Canada, and the U.S.
- During warm spring days, the heated seat will be deactivated.
- The seat is energized in the lower terminal, then deactivates when the chair leaves.
- The chair senses when nobody is in a chair and automatically closes the bubble.
Bring on the snow, we are excited to ride this hot new chair.