- This event has passed.
The Banff Marathon
June 18 @ 7:30 am - 4:00 pm
Home to the most beautiful run on the planet, The Banff Marathon will be taking place on June 18, 2023. With the marathon, half marathon, 10k, and the Pursuit Free Kids Run distances, Banff welcomes runners from all over the world.
Starting in the town, runners will make their way through the beautiful Banff National Park accompanied by some incredible views, historical stages, and maybe some wildlife too. An out-and-back route, runners finish back along the Bow River to the loud, cheering crowds in the picturesque Central Park back in Banff.
2023 Schedule of Events:
Friday, June 16
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Race Package Pickup & Health and Fitness Expo (Central Park)
- 6:00 pm: Lululemon Yoga in the Park (Central Park Gazebo)
Saturday, June 17
- 9:00 am – 5:00 pm: Race Package Pickup & Health and Fitness Expo (Central Park)
- 9:00 am – 11:00 am: Pursuit Free Kids Run Registration (Central Park)
- 9:00 am: Lululemon Shake-Out Race Prep Run – Central Park (Gazebo)
- 11:00 am: Lululemon Yoga in the Park (Central Park – Gazebo)
- 1:30 pm: Pursuit KIDS RUN (FREE!) (Central Park)
- 2:30 pm: Pursuit Banff Locals Day (Central Park)
Sunday, June 18
- 7:30 am: Race Site Opens – Central Park
- 9:00 am: Full Marathon Race Start (Bow Ave and Buffalo Street)
- 9:30a m: Half Marathon Race Start (Bow Ave and Buffalo Street)
- 9:45 am: 10K Race Start (Bow Ave and Buffalo Street)
- 10:30 am – 3:30 pm: Post-Race Activities and Health and Fitness Expo
- 3:45 pm: Race Site and Gear Check Closes
An actioned packed weekend, with a range of events for the whole family you won’t want to miss the electrifying energy of the crowds and the incredible achievements of the runners!