- This event has passed.
Parkway to Pint
July 1, 2021 - September 19, 2021
It’s the ultimate outdoor summer activity to do with your family or friends. Grab your bike and head out to Banff to begin this biking challenge along the Bow Valley Parkway (Highway 1A.) This road has been closed to vehicles from Banff to Castle Junction, making it one of Canada’s most memorable & scenic bike routes.
A 58 km ride takes you right to the quieter side of Lake Louise, at the Summer Gondola. Show the servers at Banded Peak Base Camp your Strava or Garmin activity and receive a free swag bag to take home which includes a Banded Peak beer (355ml)* and a Parkway to Pint t-shirt!
Feeling hungry after the ride? Indulge in our specials for participants only… Choose any main menu item for $15. Plainsbreaker and Mount Crushmore pints will also be available for $6. Bask in the sun on our spacious patio away from the crowds before you make the trek back. This will surely be one of your summer bucket list items to check off the list!
If you are already in Lake Louise, you can still participate. From the Summer Gondola, take the Bow Valley Parkway down to Castle Junction and back, which is roughly the same distance.
- Pick any day from July 1 to September 19 to participate.
- Start your journey in Banff or Lake Louise & park at any of the specified locations, below.
- Track your adventure using Strava, Garmin, Map My Ride or any other app of choice.
- Ride the Bow Valley Parkway to the Lake Louise Summer Gondola (3 hour 20 min average time).
- Arrive and park your bike in our new bike corral beside the Banded Peak Base Camp (look for the flags.)
- Show the servers at the Base Camp your ride activity on your phone.
- Receive a free swag bag which includes a 355ml Banded Peak beer* and a Parkway to Pint t-shirt.
- Additional $6 pints of Banded Peak also available to riders only plus a special lunch deal of $15 for any menu item!
- No reservations required at the Banded Peak Base Camp.
- Tables are first come, first served.
- Offer available to participants who are 18 years of age or older with a valid photo ID.
- If you aren’t up for the return trip to Banff, Roam Transit is available from the village and can take you and your bike back to your car.
- E-Bikes, Road Bikes, Mountain Bikes, Recumbent Bikes… use any bike to get you there!
- *Free 355ml can must be consumed offsite.