Split Role – SkiBig3 Reservations Agent / Adventure Hub Retail & Guest Services Associate
SkiBig3 works on behalf of Banff Sunshine, The Lake Louise Ski Resort and Mt Norquay to provide destination visitors amazing winter experiences in Banff National Park. Our goal is to extend awareness of Banff and Lake Louise as life-changing winter ski destination and provide easy access to vacation planning, booking services for visitors. The “Hub” is a one stop shop for the destination visitor and endeavors to simplify the guest experience. It is also the only location in Banff where visitors can purchase ski area or SkiBig3 designed merchandise.
SkiBig3 is currently recruiting for the split full time position of Reservations Agent / Adventure Hub Retail & Guest Services Associate to join our team for the 2020/21 season (immediate start). Reporting to the Reservations Supervisor and the Adventure Hub Retail/Guest Services Assistant Manager, the primary focus of this role is to generate sales through the booking of ski vacation packages in our Reservations department and assist guests in the Adventure Hub with rentals, selling lift ticket products and retail merchandise, activity bookings, and providing visitor information.
We are a fun, committed and hardworking team, dedicated to sharing our love of snow and winter sports in Banff and Lake Louise with visitors from around the world.
Hub Associate Responsibilities:
- General presentation of the Ski Hub including; folding, restocking, dusting, sweeping, and general tidying as required.
- Greeting customers and determining their needs
- Assisting customers with SkiBig3 and Resort specific products including snow school, lift tickets, season passes and retail merchandise.
- Accurately processing end of day procedures
- Communicate and work effectively with all ski areas and staff.
Reservations Agent Responsibilities:
- Responding to customer inquiries via phone, and email
- Generating quotes in reservations booking system for individual ski vacation packages including lodging, lift tickets, ski rental, snow school, transportation and non-skiing activities
- Consulting with guests and tailoring custom packages to suit needs
- Ability to convert quotes into confirmed bookings and upsell additional products where possible
- Troubleshooting any issues or concerns with guest’ travel itineraries
- Monitor and respond to Live Chat and online guests to convert into ski vacation booking
- Follow-up phone calls for establishing status, trip details, obtaining overdue payments
- Additional duties may include ticketing or SkiBig3 Snow School Support
Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated experience in a resort based reservations/ inbound call centre environment an asset
- Previous retail and reservation sales experience – Travel/ Tourism industry highly regarded
- Friendly, outgoing, excellent guest service skills.
- Time management skills, ability to independently manage own time
- Extensive local knowledge including Banff Lake Louise ski resorts and Bow Valley Hotels is desirable
- Exceptional communication skills and phone manner
- Demonstrated computer skills – strong knowledge of Microsoft suite (Outlook, Word, Excel), knowledge of retail operating systems, is an asset.
- Organized, efficient, responsible and mature.
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment
- Ability to troubleshoot guest problems
- Proven ability to learn and adapt quickly to changing work environments
- Candidate must reside in the Bow Valley
- Valid working visa/work permit required
- Valid Canadian drivers licence a plus
How to Apply
SkiBig3 has a vibrant, hip, company culture and this role offers competitive wages, commission, excellent benefits, a SkiBig3 season pass and much, much more!
If you possess the above attributes and would like to join our passionate, energetic, SkiBig3 team, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position to:
Suite 207, 215 Banff Avenue
(2nd Floor Sundance Mall)
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted