Instructor – Nonstop Program – Winter Season 2018/2019
SkiBig3 specializes in providing a full destination visitor experience, from reservations to guided experiences across our three unique ski resorts; Banff Sunshine, Lake Louise Ski Resort and Mt. Norquay. We are seeking applications from fun, professional and motivated ski instructor-guides to provide life changing moments for our guests. SkiBig3 operates an intermediate and advance level snow school with emphasis on providing instruction/guiding on-mountain experiences. This unique opportunity allows collaboration with Snow School leaders from the three ski areas, while showcasing close to 8000 acres of skiable terrain to our visitors.
We are seeking applications for the Nonstop ten week instructor program. The Nonstop program in Banff focuses on preparing clients for ski and snowboard instructor and coaching certification courses, while immersing clients in Canadian mountain culture.
This is great, rewarding seasonal opportunity (Jan – March) that consists of 8 hours per day, 4 – 5 days a week. You would get to work with a like-minded team, make life long relationships, work with clients over a long term all while living and working in the stunning world heritage site of Banff National Park.
Your Role – responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Teaching as part of a strong team
- Following the daily curriculum and methodology created by Nonstop
- Attending daily on snow meetings
- Attending off snow meetings with Nonstop staff
- Participating in off snow activities with clients organized by Nonstop
- Participating in off snow tech sessions
- Conducting yourself in a safe and professional matter at all times
- Always be on time and well-presented when dealing with clients
- Act as an ambassador for Ski Big 3 and Nonstop
- Adhere to all policies and regulations at Lake Louise Ski Resort, Banff Sunshine and Mt. Norquay
What you Bring:
- A sense of fun with an energetic, positive attitude
- Safety conscious, mature and professional
- Genuine, honest and hard working
- Reliable, organized and well presented
- Be flexible and open minded with teaching methods
- Strong understanding of current CSIA technique and course content
- Able to work as a supportive team member
- Familiarity with Banff and our three resorts
- CSIA/CASI level three or four
- Park trained or certified
- CSCF Entry level coach
- Current trained CSIA/CASI course conductor
- Police background check valid within six months of hire date
Successful candidates need to be available for training days in December (TBA)
Compensation & Benefits:
- Competitive Wage based on qualifications and experience
- CSIA Leadership training & development course support
- SkiBig3 season pass.
If you are an enthusiastic experienced instructor with a teaching background, and are looking for a new and exciting opportunity in a world-class ski destination, we would love to hear from you! Please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you believe you would be a great member of team SkiBig3.
How to Apply
SkiBig3 has a vibrant, hip, company culture and this role offers competitive wages, excellent benefits, a SkiBig3 season pass, company bonus plan and much, much more!
If you possess the above attributes and would like to join our passionate, energetic SkiBig3 team, please submit your resume, along with a cover letter telling us why you are the perfect candidate for this position to:
Suite 207, 215 Banff Avenue
(2nd Floor Sundance Mall)
We thank all applicants; only those selected for an interview will be contacted